Fr. McLoud - Welcome
Saturday at 5:00 p.m.
ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST CATHOLIC CHURCH - BANCROFT
Sunday at 8:30 a.m.
SACRED HEART CATHOLIC CHURCH - LEDYARD
Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
-ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST & SACRED HEART OFFICES
204 S. Summit Ave.
PO Box 195
Bancroft, IA 50517-0195
Monday - Friday
9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
ST. JOSEPH OFFICE
405 East St. S.
PO Box 38
Wesley, IA 50483-0038
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Father Steven J. McLoud, Pastor
- Prayer Requests, Will be sent to the office via Email
- Lori Geitzenauer, Secretary & Director of Religious Education - St. John the Baptist & Sacred Heart
- Judy Vaske, Business Manager - St. John the Baptist and Sacred Heart
- Deb Trenary, Business Manager & Spiritual Coordinator - St. Joseph
Sacred Heart Quasquicentennial
Sacred Heart Quasquicentennial - June 13, 2021 Established in 1896, for nearly 125 years Sacred Heart Parish in Ledyard, Iowa, has remained a vital part of the Diocese of Sioux City. Next year in 2021, we will celebrate this major milestone in our parish’s his-tory. A committee has been formed to see how our community of faith would like to observe the 125th Anniversary. If you would like to be a part of the planning committee, please contact Fr. McLoud or Mary Gelhaus. We will be having our first meeting soon. More information about the special quasquicentennial celebration will be published as the details become available.
Facebook - St. John the Baptist
Find Us On Facebook!!!
New Mobile App
New Members Welcome
Welcome to Sacred Heart, St. John the Baptist and St. Joseph!
Please click on the link below to print a Membership Questionnaire for your parish
Current members of Blessed Trinity parishes - please provide your e-mail address and cell phone number if you are no longer using a land line. You can easily send your information via e-mail to [email protected]
The Lumen newspaper (formerly The Catholic Globe) subscription direct mail letters are on the way to your mailbox! If you are a paid subscriber, the renewal notices are coming. You will want to renew your subscription to the new The Lumen newspaper with our new look, more diocesan news, vibrant photos, to the point articles, new columnists in addition to Father Meinen and Sr. Walsh, Enlightened Catholic feature to learn more about your faith in a few paragraphs. All this for $30 per year. Return the The Lumen renewal form or log on to our new website at www.lumenmedia.org to participate in this new era of diocesan media! Questions? Call us at 800-352-9035 or e-mail at [email protected] We want to hear from you. Remember Lumen = The Light from Latin, the official language of the Catholic Church!
LumeNotes and Notas Lumen –
“News for the time-starved Catholic!”
We have developed two quick-read electronic news formats – English and Spanish – that will be distributed in June for the diocesan faithful from our Lumen Media Office. Twice a month at no charge, you can receive a quick-read newsletter on your phone, tablet or computer with the latest diocesan announcements. If there is a last- minute notice, you’ll receive that also. Just text:
Notes to 84576 for English or Notas a 84587 – para en Español
Or e-mail [email protected] if you don’t text, and give us your name and we will sign you up for the latest Lumen Media platform.
Blessed Trinity Bulletin
Please send bulletin items to [email protected]
before 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday!
St. John Food Pantry
OPEN!!! OPEN!!! OPEN!!!
The St. John - Sacred Heart Food Pantry will be open on the 4th Tuesday of each month!!
Boxes of food will be filled and ready for you to pick-up curbside from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Many people struggle to keep food on their tables. The St. John/Sacred Heart Food Pantry is a place people can turn to when the find themselves with an empty cupboard. If you are struggling, we would like to help!
4th Tuesday of Each Month - 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
St. John Parish Center - 212 E. Center St.
Divine Mercy Parish CDA Cookbook
Divine Mercy Parish CDA Cookbook - St. Cecelia CDA Court #283 along with West Bend Court #1797 and St. Joseph, Wesley Court $342 are excited to be putting together a Divine Mercy Parish Cookbook. If you were a CDA member of St. John the Baptist Court #1589 when the court dissolved and if you would like to summit a recipe or 2...or...submit a recipe or 2 in memory of a past member you may do so by picking up a recipe form at the St. John parish office. If you have any questions call: Carol Ulses at 515.468.8351 or Cheryl Baas at 515.320.0487. Recipes must be turned in to Carol or Cheryl by Tuesday, May 4 to be included in the cookbook.
Carol Ulses - 210 N. Finn Dr., Algona, IA
Cheryl Baas - P.O. Box 182, Algona, IA
Quest 2021 - June 6th to June 10th
Join young men from across the Diocese of Sioux City!
Click link below to print brochure.
Mass Times for Travel - www.catholicmasstime.org
Catholic Mass Times
Readings for the Week
Readings for the week of May 16, 2021
- Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47:2-3, 6-7, 8-9  / Eph 1:17-23 or Eph 4:1-13 or
- 4: 1-7, 11-13 / Mk 16:15-20 Seventh Sunday of Easter: Acts 1:15-17,
- Ps 103: 1-2, 11-12, 19-20 [19a] / 1 Jn 4:11-16 / Jn 17:11b-19
- Monday: Acts 19:1-8 / Ps 68:2-3ab, 4-5acd, 6-7ab [33a] / Jn 16:29-33
- Tuesday: Acts 20:17-27 / Ps 68:10-11, 20-21 [33a] / Jn 17:1-11a
- Wednesday: Acts 20:28-38 / Ps 68: 29-30, 33-35a, 35bc-36ab [33a] / Jn 17:11b-19
- Thursday: Acts 22:30; 23:6-11 / Ps 16:1-2a and 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11  / Jn 17:20-26
- Friday: Acts 25:13b-21 / Ps 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20ab [19a] / Jn 21:15-19
- Saturday: Morning: Acts 28:16-20, 30-31 / Ps 11:4, 5 and 7 [7b] / Jn 21:20-25
- Next Sunday: Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 or Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b or Ez 37:1-14 or Jl 3:1-5 / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/052521.cfm
- Ps 104: 1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Extended Vigil: Gn 11:1-9 / Ps 33:10-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Ex 19:3-8a, 16-20b / http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/052721.cfm
- Dn 3: 52, 52, 53, 55, 56 or Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 11 / Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7,
- Jl 3: 1-5 / Ps 104:1-2, 24, 35, 27-28, 29, 30 [cf. 30] / Rom 8:22-27 / Jn 7:37-39
- Day: Acts 2:1-11 / Ps 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34 [cf. 30] / 1 Cor 12:3b-7, 12-13 or
- Gal 5: 16-25 / Jn 20:19-23 or Jn 15:26-27; 16:12-15
05/18/21 9:00 pm
Pope John Paul II in 1996. / Vatican MediaRead More
05/18/21 8:50 pm
Stock photo. / Andrew Seaman/Unsplash (CC0).Read More
05/18/21 8:00 pm
Glynnis Jones/ShutterstockRead More